Nestled in the vicinity of small villages bordering Bandipur National Park, Dhole's Den is derived from the name ''Dhole'' (an Asiatic wild dog). This eco-friendly lodge emphasizes the importance and the beauty of this animal.
The dholes live in groups and coordinate under the leadership of an alpha male and female. Be it the sloth bear with its cubs at night or elephants and wild boar, the roar of the tiger or the growl of a leopard – everything is none too far away from Dhole's Den.
Dhole's Den offers unrivalled hotel amenities and guest services that suit the varied needs of the guests and is taken utmost care. The following is the list of some of them :
- Number of guests is limited (only 15 persons)
- LED lights
- A Bio-diversity garden
- Dual flushing WC's installed
- STP (Sewage treatment plant) based on reed bed system
- Very minimal generator used (2.5 KVA)
- Working to minimise mechanical noise
- No television in the rooms
- No vehicular movement within the premises
- No airconditioners nor tea or coffee makers provided
- No landscaping, just pathways to walk.
- Wind power and Solar Hybrid Generator
- Construction of guest areas is only 10%
- Support the local youth
- Support the local school by providing educational material and conducting safari rides
- Doing away with 'city luxuries' like pool, television and other facilities
- Nature Walks
- Bird Watching